Home renovations are a scary and stressful time for anyone. Unlike going to see your doctor where the person has your best interest in mind your contractor may not. Part of that stress and fear can come from not knowing how a project should be run.
This book was prepared by seasoned construction managers who have worked on hundreds of projects around the world. The information presented in this book will help walk you through the basic phases of a construction project. It will introduce you to construction lingo and best practices to help you talk the talk and walk the walk with your contractor.
Don’t look like an amateur and grab your next renovation by the horns by learning about:
– Construction submittals and questions – how to best present and answer them to and from your contractors
– Building envelope and mechanical and electrical system basics and best practices
– Construction tendering and pricing to help you get the best price!
– Construction scheduling and how to understand if the schedule you’ve been presented is real.
– Real examples of construction language and explanation of acronyms