When you start a project often times the first thing an owner will ask of you is to prepare a construction contract for them to execute. There are many different forms and types of contracts in the industry but what makes a good contract and how can it protect you?
A construction contract is a document put in place at the start of a project that is an agreement and protects all parties. The contract outlines the requirements and deliverables for each company or individual. A good contract will protect both parties in the event of a disagreement and stipulate a number of key critical elements. These can include
- Construction project name, location and details
- Responsibilities of the contractor, owner, and consultants
- Project scope, value and schedule
- Dispute resolution process (inclusion of a mediator or arbitration)
- Payment terms
- Change process and what constitutes a change
- Insurance and safety requirements
This construction contract template will help provide clarification on all of the above details and is presented in a Microsoft Word template. Open Office, Google Docs or Microsoft Office are required to edit this file.
This template can be used as a residential construction contract or a commercial construction contract with your owner.
Help to make your life easier at the start of a project and protect yourself as a contractor, owner or vendor by purchasing this template.